Allotments Association Rules & Regs
The tenancy of all allotment plots by holders is subject to the following
regulations and conditions endorsed on the signed agreement, as follows:
- The rent shall become due for payment in advance of the 28th February.
Typically, payment should be made at the AGM.
- The tenant shall keep the allotment free from weeds and well manured
and otherwise well maintained in a proper state of cultivation and fertility
and in good condition, and any pathway or cart-track included therein
or abutting thereon, shall be kept reasonably free from weeds.
- The tenant shall not cause any nuisance or annoyance to the occupier
of any other allotment, or obstruct any path set out by the Association
for use of the occupiers of the allotment gardens.
- The tenant shall not sublet, assign or part with possession of the
allotment garden or any part thereof without written consent of the
- The tenant shall not, without written consent of the Association,
cut or prune any timber or other trees, or take, or sell or carry away
any minerral, sand or clay.
- The tenant shall keep every hedge and bank that forms part of any
boundary of his/her allotment garden properly cut and trimmed and keep
any other fences in repair.
- The tenant shall not use barbed wire for a fence adjoining any path
set out by the Association for the use of the occupiers of the allotment
- The tenant shall, as regards the allotment gardens, observe and perform
all conditions and convenants contained in the agreement under which
the Assocaition holds the land.
- The allotment land shall not be used for the purpose of any trade
or business except for the distribution of seed, fertilisers etc. by
the Association to its members.
- Any committee member of the Association shall be entitled at any time
when directed by the Association to enter and inspect any allotment
- The tenancy of the allotment garden shall terminate on the yearly
rent due date after the death of the tenant, or by mutual agreement
with the next of kin.
- The tenancy may be terminated by the Association by re-entry after
one months notice if: i) the rent is in arrears after a period of not
less than 40 days or ii) the tenant is not duly observing the conditions
of his/her tenancy.
- The tenancy shall be terminated whenever the authority, or right of
occupation, of the Association terminates on the land, in which case
six months notice in writing will be given by the Assocaition.
- The tenant will, wherever possible, give notice to terminate his/her
tenancy before the rent due date, if he/she is unable to continue the
- In all other respects, the decision of the committee of the Assocaition